The South Australian Executive Committee of Public Sector Superannuants has agreed to hold regular member meetings in Melbourne to enable participation by its new Victorian members in determining retirement issue priorities.
Superannuation Advisory Group
SA Superannuants is soon to become PS Superannuants, the Association of Public Sector Superannuants.
We are a voluntary, independent, not for profit body. Almost all of our members receive or will be entitled to receive an untaxed-source defined benefit pension from the SA State Pension Scheme, the Commonwealth Superannuation Scheme or the Commonwealth Public Sector Superannuation Scheme. These pensions are taxable for life and, for most recipients, are the major source of retirement income.
We are forming a group of volunteers to research and investigate superannuation and retirement income policy and administration relevant to our members, and develop realistic, well-reasoned and fair proposals for their improvement.
The group will work with and to our Executive Committee.
We are looking for people
- with a good working knowledge of the Australian retirement income system as it affects our members, and an interest in exploring or improving how untaxed-source defined benefit pensions interact with the taxation system and with means testing for age pension, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card and the JobSeeker allowance
- with good research and communication skills
- who enjoy collaborating with others to clearly understand and explain things
- who support the Association’s objectives, values and independence
- and are free from any potential conflicts of interest
We aim to put together a group of people with a range of experience and knowledge.
We expect that most communication and interaction will be electronic, the working arrangements to be informal, and the time involvement flexible.
Contact for enquiries: Brenton Pain, Secretary, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0401148751