The peak council for organisations representing retired civilian and military public sector workers
ACPSRO was formed in 1997 as a peak body to give a united and therefore greater voice to the retirement issues relevant to Commonwealth / State / Territory public servants and Defence retirees.
Our key issues are outlined in our current Position Paper (January 2023). The subject matters we monitor are listed in our OUR ISSUES list (below right).
Also see our Latest News for any current hot issues. Recent new items relate to:
– Discussion Paper on Defined Benefit Pensions – July 2023
– Submission on Superannuation Concessions – April 2023
– The Great Superannuation Debate – February 2023
– Adequacy of Income Support Arrangements for Defined Benefit Superannuants
– New Support at Home program (see Aged Care below)
– Update on the Future Fund;
– new SA Superannuants arrangements; and
– the Cost of Improving Australia’s Aged Care System
The 2022 Federal General Election
ACPSRO released an Action and Policy paper that formed the basis of its lobbying activities leading up to the election.
Have you something to say or ask us ?
Then drop us a line .. go to contacts.
Clink onto our links page to go to related sites
We make representations to government and relevant government authorities, either by written representations, meeting with politicians, and by making submissions to relevant Government inquiries. You can read about our past achievements here, and read our past submissions and our more recent efforts here.
Our archived previous website is worth keeping for historical purposes. See it here.